We offer the following:
- Comprehensive examinations for all ages
- Diagnoses and treatment of minor ocular disease
- Contact lens services. including bifocal, toric for astigmatism, monovision, gas permeable, specialty
- Diabetic and hypertensive dilated eye exams
- Visual Field testing
- Corneal Topography
- Color vision screening
- Designer & safety eyewear
Facilities and Equipment
Dr.Vanessa Chang’s office was the first optometry practice in the Rio Grande Valley to have full Electronic Medical Records capablity since May 2000. Dr. Chang feels it is important to have accurate, detailed, reliable and rapidly recallable patient information for better patient care. Computerized assisted testing helps to insure accuracy and thoroughness of a comprehensive eye examination whether it be for a hard to diagnose glasses or contact lens prescription or detecting small variations of retina health for such things as diabetic retinopathy or hypertensive retinopathy. Some of our equipment is as follows:
- Zeiss Humphries Auto-Refractor
- Zeiss Non-contact Tonometer (” puff ” machine to measure interocular pressure)
- Zeiss Humphries Visual Field Analyzer
- Humphries Lens Analyzer (laser accuracy to measure prescription lenses, even progressives or prism)
- American Optical Ultramatic Phoropters
- AIT Lens Edger
Types of Payment Accepted
We accept Cash, Personal Checks, American Express, Master Card, Visa, and Discover.
We participate with VSP, Medicare, Medicaid, Vision Benefits of America, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Superior Vision Plan, Eyetopia (Edinburg ISD), United Health Care Vision/ Optum Health Vision, McAllen ISD vouchers, VSP-Sight for Students, McAllen/Pharr Palm City Lions, McAllen Evening Lions, and Texas Tru Choice.
Check with our staff if you have other types of coverage.
Our staff speaks English and Spanish.
EyeGlass Guide will help you better understand the many lens choices available to you. This on-line tool will guide you through a series of questions about you, your lifestyle and your specific eyewear needs. At the end, you’ll receive eyewear suggestions specifically tailored to meet your needs.
EyeGlass Guide is brought to you by Transitions.